XP is the first OS really designed to be a no-brainer OS for people who haven't got a clue about PC's. For the rest of us, it takes a little tweaking to get it to where we want. XP was also supposed to offer all the bells and whistles a person needed so you would not have to run out and buy additional software. For as much bashing as they take, Microsoft really has advanced the computing industry more than any other company. With that said, their native programs leave a bit to be desired sometimes. I prefer Roxio over there CD program, Musicmatch blows Media player out of the water, and Photoshop Elements has far more features than the XP version. So you get a bit of what you pay for. The plain photo printing program from XP seems to work alot better than the software that came with my ink jet, so there are some good programs as well. I have been running XP for over a year now, and I would not go back to any other OS. It does take a bit to get used to if you are moving from Win9x or Win2000, but after a while you will like so of the features.

[This message has been edited by Z-man (edited October 24, 2003).]

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com