web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#250246 10/22/03 05:14 PM
just curious, is the new memory stick in presently?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#250247 10/24/03 04:14 AM
OP Offline
Hate might be a little harsh, guess I just need to work with it more. Still have not figured out how to use the cd burner.

The new stick of memory is installed. so far everything seems to work fine.

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
#250248 10/24/03 05:08 AM
CD Burners can be a bit tricky...
Win XP is the first OS to support them nativly, you just stick a blank one in and follow the wizard if you still have default settings.
I still use Roxio to burn my cds though.
I really don't like the wizards your supposed to follow, nor do I like the autorun feature.
I've only had 1 or 2 crashes on windows for the last 2 years on my laptop, so XP gets my vote (after I have customized it of course.)

Devin
#250249 10/24/03 11:26 AM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
XP is the first OS really designed to be a no-brainer OS for people who haven't got a clue about PC's. For the rest of us, it takes a little tweaking to get it to where we want. XP was also supposed to offer all the bells and whistles a person needed so you would not have to run out and buy additional software. For as much bashing as they take, Microsoft really has advanced the computing industry more than any other company. With that said, their native programs leave a bit to be desired sometimes. I prefer Roxio over there CD program, Musicmatch blows Media player out of the water, and Photoshop Elements has far more features than the XP version. So you get a bit of what you pay for. The plain photo printing program from XP seems to work alot better than the software that came with my ink jet, so there are some good programs as well. I have been running XP for over a year now, and I would not go back to any other OS. It does take a bit to get used to if you are moving from Win9x or Win2000, but after a while you will like so of the features.

[This message has been edited by Z-man (edited October 24, 2003).]

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
#250250 10/24/03 06:03 PM
I've got a mix of XP and 2000 over here. Me being the wee young man that I am... still support the parent's efforts in the computing world. I used to build each and every box for the family, and a bunch of other people, but I'm going with dells now... because I'm less into the computer scene, and more into the telecom scene. Anyhow, long story short... XP works alright. I like the GUI, but I think I grow to like any GUI. I don't take too kindly to switching the GUI from the native plastic theme to the previous windows scheme. The amount of stress your GPU goes through to make it happen is actually pretty terrible. Native CD burning is nice, it's pretty easy actually. You can drag and drop straight into the CD burner icon and be on your way, very helpful. There are a lot of native tricks I like about XP, built in ZIP compression... built in firewall... built in everything. So for those who want these features, and don't want to do it themselves, or if you're getting a new PC -- go with XP. It's got some great stuff.

But... it is my honest opinion that Windows 2000 Professional is the best operating system Microsoft has ever released.

It's stable (moreso than ANY NT release or 9X release, and definetely more than XP). It's robust and has plenty of built in features (although not anywhere near as many as XP).

More specifically, I rarely -- if ever, have a crash in 2000. I run a lot of stuff on this thing, and take it through the worst of all situations. I'm still using a Pentium 3 850MHz (100MHZ FSB) with 512MB of RAM, and a standard array of cards. This thing doesn't crash, doesn't do funky things when booting up, rarely has any problems at all.

And I installed 2000 on this machine in the year 2000. So... this thing has been going strong for a while now.

So I don't know, it's a tough debate for me. I don't see myself switching to XP any time, because I never have any problems... and frankly, most of the features XP has built in... I have third party software for that I'm more accustomed to usingin the first place.

I don't know.

Ask Tommy, he still uses Windows 95. Ha.

#250251 11/19/03 05:28 AM
i would recommend xp. ever since i install it never had any of the problems i used to have with 98se & me. my computer (xp pro, athlon xp1800, 512mb ram, dvd-r/w, cd-r/w, 60gb drive, high end video, all kinds of toys and software running) stays running all the time (24/7). i also have a dell laptop (xp pro, 512mb ram, 60gb, dvd/cdrw, etc) same thing runs all the time. then i have my work laptop (old toshiba, p200, 64mb ram, 6gb drive, win me) that thing will lock up, freak out, whatever. but i need it to run software for doing telecom. i also have my wife & kids laptops running xp pro. no problems there either. it's like my linux box (celeron 850, 512mb ram, 60gb drives, cdr, etc) just kepps running & running....

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 85 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024