Thursday at 11:30pm I drove to Best Buy and placed myself at the end of a very long line of people. Thirty minutes later I was in the store and then placed myself at the end of another line....not as long but very slow.

The purpose of this adventure (which goes against my grain, don't like the cold, standing in lines or being anyplace with lots of people) was to purchase an Asus Transformer Droid Tablet for my wife for 249 instead of 399. (I already own one which I paid full price for)

I did just that and now I am the hero!

Actually it was fun. I, being the extraordinary geek that I am, had a very attentive audience as I answered questions asked by my fellow line standers, about Google Tablets, Kindles and laptops for people who really needed my help.

I hung about the tablet display for quite awhile after purchasing my wife's. The store sold out of Transformers while I was there. No wonder at that price and it is the best Tablet you can buy.

My arrival back home woke the wife, thanks to the Dog, and so I handed her the box. She fired the tab up and we had some fun playing with our Tablets and I showed her some things on mine. We finally shut them down about 4 in the morning.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.