We have an IMX256 and have been using a VoiceMaster Voicemail System. I have very little documentation on the VoiceMaster and cannot find anything about them on the internet. The System is a DOS based system and uses a copy protect dongle.

The Voicemail part works great but we want to start using the VoiceMaster Auto Attendant.

The problem is that when I set up the VoiceMaster for auto attendant whenever anyone dials in on a DID line the IMX transfers the call to VM after 4 rings. When the voice mail answers and the IMX sends the stations extension number the voicemail transfers the call BACK to the extension thinking that someone did a dial by extension.

How do I get the IMX to tell the voicemail if the call is a call that needs a transfer (auto attendant) or a return call from an extension (that should go to the voice mailbox)

We have the enterprise software but if I undrstand the book, the IMX Auto attendant is for an announce device and then would connect a caller to intercom dialtone which would allow the person to dial the extension. Our Voicemail has a dial by name feature and this would negate this feature.

Please help

Thanks
Ron Haney
KLAQ-KROD-KSII Radio
El PAso

Ron Haney
Director of Tech Operations
KLAQ - KROD - KSII