I'm a comdial dealer and just became an nec dealer. The system I sold from comdial was the dx80. It's very feature rich, super easy to use, and one of the most affordable systems out there. It's supposed to have voip capibilities in the near future. I think that the dx80 is perfect for small businesses(3-10 phones)when companies are looking to keep the costs down. In my opinion, compared to other phones, the dx80 phones are weak, both in looks and in stability. Alright, their just cheap! I would actually feel kind of weird going out on a sales call when I was competing with systems like avaya or nortel, their phones are rock solid. If comdial made different phones for the dx80, I would definately continue to sell them. As far as comdial goes, I would go with the FXII, very strong, feature rich & is definately ready for anything you may need in the future. Its a great system, but it doesn't come at a cheap price.
You might want to look at NEC DS2000(depending on you future needs), system seems rock solid and is in the same price range as the dx80.