<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corwyn:
ELECTRICIANS AND PHONES DO NOT MIX!

We should make that a bumper sticker [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
</font>

You know not ALL Electricians make crap 'Phonemen'. I am a qualified Electrician and I'm also a qualified Data/Phone/Fibre Installer, with All relevant licences. Now I work as Communications Analyst managing/Programming 4 PABX's and associated comms/data infrastructure.

One company I used to work for, out of the 15 Electricians 10 of us were also Phone/Data certified. Yes I have seen the jobs in the past were everybody thinks they can do phone work. It's the DIY group that annoys me more especially when they start terminating their own cables and connecting anything up to the PSTN. Yeah everybody is trying to save a buck but it's killing the business. And it's usually the same companies who don't mind charging top dollar for their work/service who try and stiff the 'Phonemen'.

I used to also love going to jobs done by so-called 'Phonemen' who were licensed,who had know idea about cabling standards and didn't follow any of them.

[This message has been edited by dtu (edited September 29, 2004).]