<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wheels:
Still looking here. Met with Milestone on Monday and looked at a pure VoIP solution. Neat. I gotta say it really appeals to me as an IT Manager. However, it doesl feel risky compared to traditional PBX/Key systems. I know our network is strong and also know how to strengthen it further. But network contention is death to VoIP phone systems (as I understand it) so I have to be concerned.

Meeting with another vendor who contacted me through this board today. We'll be looking at Avaya (again). I admit to being reluctant on this meeting but perhaps a different vendor will leave me with a better feeling for an Avaya solution.

I've also contacted Tadiran directly to recommend a dealer in my area. I'll keep this thread up-to-date as we work through the different products and see what's what.

At the moment, I'd have to say I'm leaning towards a pure VoIP solution. Probably because I understand the technology better. I built the network (well, gutted and replaced) at both of my manufacturing plants. It's grown over the years and not always as I would've done it, but you have to give your people the room to make their own mark. Regardless, IP networking is so simple that I have a hard time not seeing the advantages of the pure VoIP approach. And let's face it, that's where all the development is. The real question is whether the technology is ready to run on a netowrk that is constructed with (relatively) affordable switching and routing.
</font>