First off, I just want to say Hi to everyone as this is my first post!

Now, for my wonderful question.

I have been having a lot of trouble finding out how to do a very simple thing. I need to re-program a new number for a system-wide speed dial for a prostar 816 system (or maybe an 800?).

According to a system manual that I have, I have to press the ALM/SD button on one of the phones in order to program a new speed dial.

The only problem is that there is no ALM/SD button on any of the phones at this branch (I don't work at the branch, I'm an I.T. tech working at the corporate office for my company [just FYI]).

What I'm trying to figure out is, is there a special "programming/master phone" with this button, or do I have to hit another button to get into an "overlay mode" or something like that?

I know that I have another branch with the same phone system, and they have that button on all of their phones, but the branches are both in different states, and it would take me too much time to take one of the phones from the one branch, and bring it to the other just to reprogram a phone number at another.

If anyone knows anything about these phones or has any ideas please help!!!

Thanks in advance everyone!

------------------------
^This is what I posted!^