Hello.

Thank you for the response.

We kind of run into a catch 22 here with backing up the system before restarting.

I am trying to put the System on the network so I can use the PCMMC software to backup the programming and settings.

When I assigned an IP to the LAN module in MMC#830, it said " the LAN card must be restarted to apply the changed items.

Since the LAN card can not be reset without restarting the entire system.

So basically you are saying there that resetting the system using the power switch located inside the cabinet is exactly the same as using the MMC#811 and the system will retain all memory,settings, programming,etc...

I guess the only difference is that the MMC#811 you run a risk of deleting everything when it ask " Clear Memory" whereas the turning off and on the power switch will have no risk of loss or damage.

Using MMC#811, you just need to accidentally hit 1 wrong key which could take out a week worth of configuration and programming. I would really like to play this one safe.

When you say in-skin voice mail, do you mean the an internal Samsung voice mail system(SVMi series) vs an external 3rd party voice mail system?

So if I understand what you are saying correctly. If I have an external voice mail system, then I should be fine to reset the system using the power switch inside the cabinet? This will reboot the system without memory loss, damage,corrupted data,etc.

I'm 99.999% sure of this working from experience with TIE/NEC systems however this particular Samsung system is on a very high end mission critical business. So I needed to be 100% sure before I reset the system in the morning.

Please let me know if I'm understand what your saying correctly?

Thanks.