We have a customer with a DX 80 that another vendor installed several years ago and the customer wanted 2 digit extensions starting at 11 (instead of 101, 102, etc). This past week their voicemail went down and we had to replace the 7271c card.

Do you know which files in the trans.txt files have to be edited in order for the 2 digit extensions to work properly? The ports in UCD box 433 in system programming (programmed by the other vendor) are 429-432 and 461-464. They could not use 157-164 since they may conflict with the 2 digit extensions.

Initially, after we installed the card, when we hit the voice mail key or dialed 433 we heard, “I’m sorry that was not a valid entry”. We called Vertical and they had the tech edit the trans.txt files. We thought everything was okay but received a call from the customer stating when you enter 433 or voice mail button it rings voice mail as it should. However, when you call in from the outside and dial the extension or dial the AA digit directed to extensions, it rings the extension and if no one answers within the specified number of rings you hear, “I’m sorry that was not a valid entry”, and then it goes back to the AA.

Any ideas on what needs to be edited? I know we can call Vertical Monday but were thinking we would head out over the weekend to get them taken care of sooner.