Recently I was asked to look into call logging on our OS 7200 - I know there are various packages around, including Samsung's - but I didn't really want to spend the money, and (more to the point) have to install extra apps and machines to handle it.

So, being a developer and armed with some very useful info I found here (thanks!) I rustled up my own system on my existing server - got a PHP script that listens for SMDR data, parses it and writes it to a MySQL database, and then more PHP that gives me a web based interface. Very cool that it could be done so easily (well it wasn't *that* easy, but you get the idea).

Flush with my success, I'm wondering if I could similarly homebrew a bit of CTI. I've developed a CRM-type app that manages our business - it would be great if somebody could see a customer's record on screen, and press a button to dial the number on their phone. I'm wondering if it's possible to tell the switch to do this via TCP/IP, and if so, does anyone have any pointers to docs/specs as to what I would need to send to it?

MTIA...
Matthew