web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mwhyte Offline OP
OP Offline
Recently I was asked to look into call logging on our OS 7200 - I know there are various packages around, including Samsung's - but I didn't really want to spend the money, and (more to the point) have to install extra apps and machines to handle it.

So, being a developer and armed with some very useful info I found here (thanks!) I rustled up my own system on my existing server - got a PHP script that listens for SMDR data, parses it and writes it to a MySQL database, and then more PHP that gives me a web based interface. Very cool that it could be done so easily (well it wasn't *that* easy, but you get the idea).

Flush with my success, I'm wondering if I could similarly homebrew a bit of CTI. I've developed a CRM-type app that manages our business - it would be great if somebody could see a customer's record on screen, and press a button to dial the number on their phone. I'm wondering if it's possible to tell the switch to do this via TCP/IP, and if so, does anyone have any pointers to docs/specs as to what I would need to send to it?

MTIA...
Matthew

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It is possible to do that via TCP/IP but you would only be reinventing the wheel so to speak. Samsung have an Open TSP 3rd Party CTI driver for very little cost. Once installed your App can pass on the TAPI commands.

Samsung, Ericsson, NEC, Nortel Certified Installer
mwhyte Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I did take a look at the TAPI stuff... however, apart from the fact that I don't have anywhere to keep a PC to run OfficeServe Link, all my machines are Mac OS so I wouldn't be able to install the driver anyway frown .

So I'm kind of used to reinventing the wheel, but I've got no idea where to start as to how to talk directly to the switch itself. Seeing as one is supposed to use OfficeServe Link as an intermediary, I doubt such things are documented anywhere...?

Well here in lies your issue. You want something for nothing.

Samsung designed their "open" product so others could develop new products (very considerate of them). These products are capable of being wholly owned and sold by you. On the other hand you are requesting proprietary information that Samsung has not only R&D resources in but a sizable investment in.

While I understand the Linux/mac/GNU crowd likes and believes in the "free" software thing. This is not Sun Micro or Microsoft or (insert company here), this is in fact fully developed by Samsung and their partners.

I will applaud you for you fascinating advancements in PHP and a few other programming languages. I also welcome you to the board with great anticipation of what you have to offer here. Please read your rules for posting in the forums located in a sticky at the top of this forum.

PC = cheap. (considering the market)
Open TSP = really cheap (considering the time and money to develop it).
Your time = priceless.

Or you can petition Samsung to allow you to develop the software for them. Maybe even make a few bucks.

Here is the contact page

mwhyte Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by WRichey:
Well here in lies your issue. You want something for nothing.
Hmm. I think you may have misunderstood. I'm not expecting anything for nothing - I would be more than happy to buy what I needed if it suited my needs. However, I literally don't have the space for a PC to sit around running OSL, and it's a moot point anyway because I can't install the required software on my workstations.

Hence being willing to spend the time to write my own solution - if it's not possible then fair enough, but I was merely asking if anyone knew if it was and had any pointers to information.

Your time = priceless.
Exactly! That's why I like to spend my time eg writing a nice little call logger that works the way I want, rather than going round my users' machines installing anti-virus, anti-spyware and fixing BSODs smile

Originally posted by mwhyte:
[QUOTE]
if it's not possible then fair enough, but I was merely asking if anyone knew if it was and had any pointers to information.
With the Open TSP you should be able to write a few scripts like you have already. Then it's a matter of integration to your systems. So yes it is possible wink but you will still probably have to purchase open TSP and see how it's written in order for you to be able to design your own program. As for link I cant say, I am a phone man and dont know programming language.

Like I mentioned before contact them. They may be very interested in what you have to offer. :thumb:

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024