Just been pre-setting this up before delivery to client, and come across a strange issue with SIP.

WAP IP is assigned as a DHCP reservation on the router, and is DMZ so port forwarding should be no issue.

The phone is set to use the correct proxy / domain, and the right SIPID and Secret, and it shows as 'Registered'... (the SIP Provider web UI shows that the device is online too)

However, that's where it ends.

I can originate a call from VoIP to PSTN, but the VoIP doesn't acknowledge connection... I can't call PSTN to VoIP, nor VoIP to VoIP.

I've run packet-sniffing software, and I'm not seeing anything like the 'usual' SIP traffic I normally do. In fact, I'm not even seeing the registration stuff. All I see is the usual ARP, DHCP broadcasts, and then that's it - the device seems to be totally silent.

Even when I try to make a VoIP call, it just times out, tries to fall back to PSTN, but WireShark shows no attempt at the call.

The TCP stack on it is fine, as I can use the Web UI of the phone. On the WAN side, port 80 is the only open port. On the LAN side, there's port 80, port 53 for DNS as well as port 5002 and 5012 - but I can't seem to connect any service on those ports.

Can anyone help me with some more technical information on the unit, so I can get it working as it should?

Thanks for reading