Hey all.......
I've been reading posts for the last 3 hours and haven't found a topic concerning daisy chaining a new jack.....I know this is not the accepted method however, I'm currently renting and don't want to invest any more time than I need to and the rental unit is about 30+ years old so, I'd rather not run new wires.

My question.......I have a room with access to the telephone wires in the wall.......I need to install a jack however, the wires are junctioned together at this point so, I suspect they run to the second bedroom. The wires are 2 pair.

How do I wire the jack to allow for new service in this room but, maintain the continuation of service in the 2nd room? I know this is basic wiring stuff but, before I start I want to make sure I have the items I need and as well, make sure this is possible before I move my desk and set up my new office location.

Thanks for any help you can provide. A picture is worth a thousand words so, if you have a link to a diagram, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!