I'm certain that I am not alone in the following scenario. After installing new ESI system for customers they realize the value of message on hold capabilities. They have the ability to record 3 different personal VM greetings, 2 different AA main greetings (actually 4 if you consider day and night) and numerous info mailbox recordings. They seem dissapointed when they learn the steps nessesary to have a quality MOH isn't as simple as having a telephone and the admin password. MOH must come from a 3rd source such as a live feed from a CD player or a local radio station. I have several customers that I have selected a piece of music into the customer recorded location and this works great but they still want the ability to record their own unique message and feed it into the system in place of music.

OK, in order to do this the right way and create a professional result I must do the following:

1 Record a wav file to my hard drive.
2 Send the wav file to the customer for approval.
3 Copy the final product to a transportable player such as a CD player or MP3 player.
4 Transport the player to customer location and copy the recording to the system.

I am in the early stages of Step 1 at this time and in need of quality recording software and any opinions others may have as far as microphones and such.

The end result I am hoping to achieve is a quality audio production I can proudly deliver to approximately 10 customers. The return on time invested in order to create 10 service calls is a big time loser so I also want to have the ability to take a written draft and record quality audio I can send to other ESI techs for their customers.

Your thoughts??

John