I was just being annoying, paul -- I understand about copyrighted materials. At any rate seems they're not practical to download via dialup; I've seen the CDROM offered for US $24. Hopefully the paper version will arrive along with the KSU.

paul's post answers my q. wrt using a standard single line from the telco central office with the Equity III KSU -- thanks!

This isn't a case of needing any of the features of the Equity III -- I want to experiment with the system at home since .. well .. I have it. I never got to play with it when it was installed in the going concern I've acquired it from, since they um needed it to do business every day. The KSU was pulled today and I'll have it in a week's time.

I read that some Executone systems require a 150 foot run per extension (else you rewire with inline 10 ohm resistors on both tip and ring) -- does that sound right? Also read to swap iirc black and yellow for the handset connection, inside the phone, to work with standard handset cords (that Executone made them proprietary by use of nonstandard wiring on the handset circuit, and that the work-around is a simple crossover wiring).

I take it a piggyback arrangement where if you use standard two-wire phones (the ones that are designed to connect to a POTS network) you need a piggyback board inside the KSU.

This is going to be fun. Thank you very much for the information! I'll try not to pop any fuses. The fellow I'm acquiring from has had them for 25 years, moved them at least three times that I know of, and managed to gain the manual from an Executone rep, back in the day. He mentioned that music-on-hold was $75 to him (from Executone) and thought it was just an access code he didn't have.

Regards

de Chris, WA1TNR