This forum seems to be full of great topics.

I continue down the road of choosing a phone system for my company. I have a few questions about a proposal that I have received.

I have received pricing from Tadiran, Mitel, Siemens, Avaya (those monthly service fees are a killer) and Iwatsu. I am waiting on pricing from Panasonic and NEC. All of the pricing that I have received has been based off of a RFP that I worked up. All the system appear to be comparable in functions and equipment

The question that I have is. All the system thus far has been comparable in price except for Iwatsu. All the other systems are within $10,000 of each other. Iwatsu come in about $100,000 dollars less than the others. According to the sales rep. it has all of the same functionality as the other system except for the outbound call back function. The sales rep said that he could a third party piece of equipment for around $3,000 to $5,000 that would take care of that.

Is the Iwatsu system to good to be true or is it a piece of junk or are the other companies trying to pull a fast one on me?

Please let me know of your thoughts on Iwatsu and any other areas that I need to watch out for with the system.

Quick info on the proposed system

Enterprise-CS in two locations with 2 expansion cabinets

Loaded Enterprise TOL Elite Messaging system

Enterprise ACD Contact system with Taske reporting package

OmegaTrek wireless systems

The system has just about every option they offer.