IVX Original, customer reduced number of lines from 5 to 4, didn't tell me. Initial symptom after the line was eliminated was line 5 would ring pretty much incessantly, someone would have to answer and put it on hold to stop it. I had them power cycle it to see if that would clear the ringing problem, which it did, but then it would select line 5 when going off hook (they tell me it didn't do that until the power cycle, but probably because the system was seeing line 5 in use). I go in and, in CO Line Programming, select lines 1-4 to to be in Line Group 9. Then the system showed 16 lines and would go to line 16 on off hook or dial 9. So I put lines 5-16 in Line Group 8, but it still selects line 16 on off hook or dial 9.

Methinks something has failed in the system, but I work on these so rarely I'm just guessing at this point. There is also, recently I'm told, an extension that shows in use perpetually and so can't be transferred to or intercommed. So I'm leaning to something failing/failed.

Any ideas? Am I just being a bonehead and missing a step? TIA.