I have a customer with an ADIX-VS, that uses the automated attendant to answer all calls (menu 900). One of the options in the AA sends the caller to a UCD group. After the UCD timer expires, the calls are forwarding to VM (I have the UCD overflow set to group 10) but the callers are hearing the main message (mailbox 900) again, instead of the mailbox associated with the UCD group (250). The DTMF info in the VM is showing no extension info being sent with the packet.

Does this UCD scenario even *work* on a VS? My recollection on the ADIX/ECS system is that when a UCD call that expires the timer is passed to the overflow (VM) it is sent with the UCD access number in the packet. I’m wondering if that happens on a VS.

First thing I tried was to send the caller to a regular station hunt group, and have only one of those stations set to forward to VM in 10.78. That didn’t work, so I started tinkering with the UCD.

Bottom line… the customer wants the caller to be able to leave a message in a mailbox if the UCD call goes unanswered. Any ideas?