Hello all,

I've been going through a bit of an issue getting Verizon to clear noise on a POTS business line.

Ever since service was installed, there has been hum and crackling on the line. They traced it back to the plant, and going through all of the pairs to my terminal didn't correct the issue (our second business POTS line actually has zero noise). As a result, the initial technician identified the F1/F2 to the CO as the culprit.

Fast forward to a few days ago, and two techs came out. They said they 'rebuilt' the pair, and I noticed that noise seemed to be largely absent from the line for about 30 minutes after they left. Following that, the noise returned.

Today, there is zero dialtone on that line. Without dialtone, the hum and crackle is still present.

Is it too much to ask that Verizon deliver a clean POTS line? Does it seem unreasonable to request the line not have hum? The hum is almost indiscernable on their butt sets, but perfectly clear on regular telephone instrument (a whole assortment of WE500s, which don't exhibit the noise on any other line).

Don't get me started on their inability to bill correctly or provision features...

Would I have better luck going over to AT&T, which is a CLEC in my CO? I realize they would use the same cable... This is in southern Brooklyn, N.Y.

Thank you!