Well - as a disclaimer - i am going to have to say that I did not install this. Im not sure if what they did was genius or stupid. I do know these customers are very sensitive to how things "look" to the general public. What these guys did was they have a Toshiba Strata CTX phone system hooked up to those brown (ugly) toshiba door phones - then they mounted all those to a piece of plywood on the wall - they ripped out (from what i can tell) the cables that control the speakers/mic & some power on those and ran cat5 to the valcom units - looks like the power controls the call button (green pair) - the speaker controlled by middle prongs (blue pair) and then they mounted a mic where the led should be (orange pair.
I also - just for the record have years of experience installing/programming phones - and i have fair knowledge of electricity and circuitry.
I was considering the following device - because i dont think the speaker on the valcom is getting all 40ohms - (i forgot my multimeter -will test to see input tomorrow) https://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_GA2.htm

**you can attract more bees with honey**