I have a paging / sound system that went on the fritz a few months ago and am pulling my hair out trying to resolve it.

The system feeds 10 speakers 70v tapped at 4w and 7.5w on 5 wall mount speakers. Total draw is about 80W. I have a 300W Pyle (original amp was a bogen 300w) There are 5 volume controls and the wiring home running to each and then the separate speakers on each of the 5 home runs are inline (bus) configuration.

This config had been working fine for 4 years. They have CD player as sound source and paging on vox mute.

At some point in time the system started sounding fuzzy and then would go out. They turned it off and on an hour later and it would work ok for a few days and then go out again.

I put it down to the amp going and got the replacement. I put that amp in and it worked fine. They next told me that they had to put the master volume at 9 to get any sound out on the system.

I came back in and started playing with removing different home runs and in no instance did it start wiring properly. I also tried and Ipod as the music source and didn't get any volume. I've looked at wiring and speakers and can't find comprimise. I am thinking volume controls but can't believe all 5 are fried.

Can anyone give me some advise on what to do next?

Thank you.

Systems>Process>Service>Success