Hi Bill, Ed and Charlie,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Ed does make a good point that the main complaint was not being able to hear the buzzers in a couple locations. You have all offered several good options.

Charlie> Remember intercom ring or intercom BUZZ?
Bill> Nope don't remember that, but it has been a long time. I only remember doing either or not both.

Doing both is an ineresting idea. I'm not sure I can do ring on intercom station A and buzz on station B since the Tone Commander is indeed a RT-3600,,, the audible input shares a common ground with one side of all 36 station relay contacts. If each contact had 2 conductors coming out thru the AMP connector (to the 66 block), then I could do both by selecting which input (10VAC or 105VAC) to send to each intercom contact.

I don't understand the "A to K and K to A remove the condenser", so maybe that's why I don't get it yet.

Also, the ring generator is not currently in use since I'm not using common audible on the 551C yet. My CO lines ring bells directly in a couple sets. I would think that if I did hook up the ring generator to the CA, I could also send it to the audible input on the Tone Commander as well.

You are also right that at some point I will also hook up a couple intercom contacts to garage doors, so keeping the 10VAC on the Tone Commander likely gives me the most options for non-phone signaling (with an external relay).

Thanks, -Stryder