Thank you, gentlemen. You comments are helpful; it's good to know I may use a 118A ring generator with my KSU.

OK: I have the ring generator connected to the right place on the within the KSU, I have the yellow/slate pair connected to the same row on the 66 block. Common audible should now be functional on all CO lines, at all connected stations? In making test calls, incoming call lights flash and voice is fine upon going off hook but nothing rings unless I wire one station as a line ringer. I tested the 118A by connecting it to the Y/S pair on one station. The ringer activated, so I know the little black box works at least. Any thoughts as to what I'm missing here? I'll review the practice again but any advice would be appreciated.

Some help with the bigger picture would be great too: how does the KSU know to activate the common audible when there is an incoming call on one of the CO lines? Where are CO lines connected into the common audible system? Is there some sort of relay built into the KSU or KTU's? Do I need to make a connection somewhere considering all else (lights and voice) works as it should?

Thanks,

Mark