Having worked with the SPRINT,ICE, Every TADIRAN PRODUCT since 1992, NEC 2000,IPS,IPK and ASPIRE I can tell you this,,,,, #1 the problem with the ICE and Protege is that they are based on the same platform.(the send and receive all of the database) Changing programming while the system is running is like loading software on windows without shutting your other running programs. It's a problem!(Yes I know you can recieve item but it is the same principle) Check your services calls, It is always a couple of days after a tech has been on site. Most of the time its the tech's. We have over a hundred ICE's installed. 2 had a problem.
To compare the ESI to the Tadiran Coral Product? I'm not sure. Can you walk into a hotel room and plug in a IP phone with no router or VPN? Can you put multiple IP phones in the same offsite location. Does the ESI have Conferencing ports up to 70?
Can you have a built in wireless phone network? Do you have any ESI customers that have a sytem still running after 20 years? Tadiran has always proved reliabilty and provided a awesome engineered product. The tech support staff is probably the best you can work with. The problem they faced was always name recognition. So now that the MITEL has dissapeared, Avaya IP has failed and the Norstar stays pricey the way I see it is that the competition being ESI, ALTIGEN, 3COM, ALLWORX, ASPIRE, and TELEVANTAGE is a very positive thing for Tadiran system. I hope they continue with the product and I think this is a great time to show a little muscle and deliver this product to the market. If you need a key system with unified messaging buy a ESI. If you are looking for a stallion buy a TADIRAN!
need I say more