yes card was/is set to zone 1. Still didn't resolve the issue. We had a spare 3725 router so made this the head end router, at the remote sites using a combination of 831/871 routers. At first thought this would be a piece of cake will use IP DDNS on the routers, after playing with that a bit so that it would break decided against it, I would be the only one working on these. So instead it is now a requirement for the users that work at home to have a static IP, and we create an IPSec tunnel to each persons house for the phone. I know it sounds pricey and just a lot of work but after pricing this out against bringing in a cable modem or IP T-1 just for VoIP the ROI is 1 year so not a bad trade off. Ended up having a Verizon tech come to site, showed him the problem after 2 hours he ended up saying there were 14 others customers in the area having the same problem...however we do use this same link for other purposes so at $280/month for 150 down and 35 up, yeah i can place a few routers out in the field. thanks for your suggestion though

Adrian