I'm not drinking the kool aid by any means ..... in my mind both the company and the union are absolutely nuts to be doing this right now..... i think both the company and the union bigwigs are getting what they deserve... it's the poor technicians who are getting screwed and i feel horrible for them.

Verizon Wireless is doing well ... the landline side is not.. and is going to continue to lose business... times have changed and the reality is that the profit margin has shrunk dramtically in the face of all of the competition from the CLEC's and cable companies.

Both sides should be doing ANYTHING they can to try and keep their customers .... certainly not going on strike .... both sides need to remember that there is now a legitimate alternative and people are not going to put up with the Verizon BS any more.

I talked to the Time Warner sales guy yesterday and he said every one of their reps is swamped with calls and they are closing deals as fast as they can see the people.

And... i have heard of several trouble tickets where customers were given a repair date 30 days out ... really??

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.