Originally posted by justbill:
Originally posted by dharrell:
[b] Yeah, it is quite a head scratching enigma!! When I power on the machine, the phone goes dead. What's the deal with that??
I think someone said this earlier, but that may be the way it's suppose to work. Is it killing the phone line or just the one phone connected to it? [/b]
No, it doesn't kill the phone line, it only kills the phone attached to it. I branched another phone off of that same line, and it is fine.
The problem with that theory is that when it is powered on (and goes dead) it performs no other functions. I assume I should be able to turn it on and then call home and it would answer the phone. It does not. None of the lights come on (other than the medallion light) to tell me it is ready, and it doesn't actually DO anything. That's the dilemma now.

As for the moaning sound, I went in and fixed that. Couldn't avoid the temptation! I added those pictures to my blog too, if you are completely bored and want to see them!

I noticed one difference from the BSPs and my machine, and that is that there is no fuse holder or reset switch where they should be. If you look at the pictures around the incoming power line, you can see the bracket where the fuse tube should be, but there is nothing there, and just North of that where the reset should be, another void. I don't think that's it since the machine powers up, but it is a difference from the expected...