Hi Jeff,

I am waiting on the TEL circuit module and a trunk circuit module to be gone through and tested by a 555 expert. I get updates every other day on it, and these items should be arriving shortly.

There are a few other major components that are still needed, but I have put this project on the back burner to simmer a bit as I am quite busy with my mother in law who will be moving in at the beginning of November, and my grandkids (who are lobbying me quite hard to 'hurry up and finish the switchboard'). So right now, it is living comfortably next to my Teletype machines in the newly vacated pool table room (none of us play pool, the thing came with the house).

As soon as everyone is settled in and all of the legal estate crap is finished with my mother in law, I will have substantially more time to spend on the bigger projects.

Right now, I am doing little projects that don't take too much thought... sanding, polishing, photographing telephones and kitties. As I have so much on my mind that absolutely demands my attention, I really do not have the energy to try to do anything extra that requires undivided attention such as wiring a 555. As far as my phones, I hope to compile a list of what I have completed along with photos, descriptions and possibly the provenance of each instrument.

Hopefully, in the late winter months, I will be back to pestering everybody in the telephone collector community about wiring a cordboard.

Best,

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!