Here in Michigan i have installed 6 SBX320 systems. They have replaced Comdial, Intertel, Toshiba, and Avaya systems... In 100% of the cases there were no volume issues on any system that was removed. ALL were using Analog CO's.

IN EVERY INSTANCE, the customers' first complaint is volume issues. I have a 100% dis-satisfaction with volume on the SBX-320.

I have worked with tech support, Complained, replaced KSU's, and have even had to get custom amplified/noise canceling handsets to attempt to please the customer. I have upgraded software, Back-graded to STS phones, All without a solid resolution.

IN MY OPINION.... There is a flaw internally in the KSU with the signal processing related to the analog CO's. If I had problems with just one installation i could blame me or the customer or the lines... BUT ALL 6 LOCATIONS ? Not hardly.

The problem is worst where there is a high background noise. The "Sidetone" is awful.

Mike Sandman at Sandman Enterprises has been helpful. They can supply external amplifiers which help. They can also make a noise canceling handset which will help reduce the background noise, it DOES however lower the sending volume which is sometimes a problem too. Especially if you try to mix handsets on the same system, as there is only one system wide transmit volume setting.

I am going out to the worst customer site this AM to attempt to address these issues AGAIN. The only "Real Fix" I see is to remove the system, and start over. Not a kind thought, as this is "Networked" with two locations, which is real neat feature. So it means pulling TWO systems, not just one. Or I am faced with loosing a 10+ year customer with two locations.

If anyone has any ideas, Before I yank both of these systems and try to cram them down Verticals proverbial throat, I am open to suggestions.

My cell # in the field is (734)320-1690.
Mike Horwood
Horwood Computer & Communication, LLC
Milan, Mi.