I am trying to connect a Mitel 3000 to a Bogen PCM2000 / PCMTIM paging system and running into problems.

If I connect the Bogen to a standard port (not assigned as PA extension in the Mitel) using the Bogen diagram for PBX Station access and call it using internal call. I can page fine but when I hang up neither system drops the call and I get the beeping like when you leave the phone off hook over the PA until I disconnect it from the Bogen. Bogen says to enable CPC Pulse / Discconect pulse in Mitel but support says that can not be done.

If I connect to the extension/port that is assigned as the paging extenstion in the Mitel using the Bogen diagram for Page Port (contact closure or VOX) and use the paging function - public address it rungs but the Bogen does not answer. If I use the internal call it says invalid (expected I think)

I am using a 4 wire cable.

Can anyone tell me how to get this working? Both companies support points at the other at this point.

I am not a phone tech (computer networking is my thing and I know a little about phones) this just ended up in my lap.

Thank You very much.