Do they include both styles so that you have the option of using a cord that fits the jacks on both ends regardless of the site's house wiring or is there some other purpose for them?

I would say that is the case however inserting a 6p plug into an 8p jack never bothered them before. Maybe they got the message that the practice isn't a good idea but it is uncharacteristic of them to actually spend the money to include two line cords because of it. So it must be because it's cheaper somehow.

I do know that the old Partner phones, just before they were discontinued shipped with a D4W cord with an 8p/4c plug on one end and a 6p/4c plug on the other. Before that they always came with the usual silver satin 4 conductor line cord and 6p plugs. I always assumed that the D4W cord was because they had a warehouse full of them that they wanted to get rid of.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 01/09/13 09:08 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.