Unfortunately, the directions I have are culled from several sources, and some of them even conflict. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the 007, just a supplement to the stand-alone Merlin Mail Manual.

I've never had to set one of these up from scratch before, so I'm kind of winging it...

Instructions tell me to select a calling group for the VM ports. I chose #5 (Ext. 774 by default)and renumbered it 3400. I then added 3401 - 3406 (VM Ports) to the group, set the hunt type to linear and the group type to integrated VM.

The next step is to assign the DCH extension to a coverage group. I added 3408 to coverage group 5, then set coverage group 5 to be covered by calling group 3400.

Next step is to make sure the lines to be answered by the AA are assigned to the DCH extension. Did that...

Next is to assign the DCH extension as the principle user of said lines. It prompts you for the line number, I type in "801". Then it prompts you for the extension number to be the principle user, but it just beeps at me (error beep) when I dial 3408 and press enter.

I have a clue, but I'm not sure what it means:

When I assigned the lines to 3408, instead of showing up as lines, they show up as pools. I assumed that was because an MFM is technically a single line device? So:

Button 1 is SysAcc Ring -I
Button 2 is SysAcc Voice -I
Button 3 is SysAcc-00 Ring -I
Button 4 is Pool 891 -I
Button 5 is Pool 892 -I

I would think buttons 4 through 6 should be 801, 802 & 805...but I'm not sure.

Instructions say to set immediate ring on consoles and DCH extension.

I can't find it right now, but there was something somewhere about the number of rings at the DCH extension before going to coverage.

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!