web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#548403 03/23/13 03:33 PM
OP Offline
Trying to set up a 007 with delayed call handling.

Programming guide says:
"Each Delayed Call Handling extension (phantom station) must be an unused MFM extension...[and it] must be the principal user of the lines to be handled in the Delayed Call handling mode. Assign a mailbox with COS 15...to the Delayed Call Handling extension."

So, I have an MLX5 in the phone closet, extension 3318, with no MFM. I assigned extension 3408 to the MFM port, and assigned the three lines to be answered.

I then follow the instructions for making 3408 the Principal user. It prompts me for the trunk number (in this case 801, 802 and 805), then prompts for the Delayed Call handling Extension. When I type in 3408 and press enter it just gives me the error beep.

What am I doing wrong?

Other info that might be relevant:

VM ports are in calling group 3400
VM ports are 3401-3406
VM Maintenance port is 3407
VM AA1 DCH Extension should be 3408 (see above)

3408 is in coverage group 5, and set to be covered by calling group 3400

All User extensions are MLX telephones and are numbered 33xx.

Analog ports (one 016 card and a few MFMs) are in the 343x and 344x range..

There are 5 DLCs, 3311, 3312, 3331, 3332 & 3333

Thank you for any assistance you can offer!

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
If I remember right you need to send it to a overflow group. That's what gives you the delay. I think.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Let me post the general set-up of the R4 Merlin Magix & R4 Avaya Merlin Messaging that I am using at my church. The principle should be similar for the Legend & 007. (A Thank You to TTT for guiding me through the set-up). smile

I configured a voicemail box (790) to point to an auto attendant. I added the telephone lines to Group 790 and have it do a time-based overflow to the group associated with the Avaya Merlin Messaging (7929). The ports associated with the A.M.M. are assigned to Group 7929.

Last edited by dexman; 03/23/13 04:23 PM.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Unfortunately, the directions I have are culled from several sources, and some of them even conflict. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the 007, just a supplement to the stand-alone Merlin Mail Manual.

I've never had to set one of these up from scratch before, so I'm kind of winging it...

Instructions tell me to select a calling group for the VM ports. I chose #5 (Ext. 774 by default)and renumbered it 3400. I then added 3401 - 3406 (VM Ports) to the group, set the hunt type to linear and the group type to integrated VM.

The next step is to assign the DCH extension to a coverage group. I added 3408 to coverage group 5, then set coverage group 5 to be covered by calling group 3400.

Next step is to make sure the lines to be answered by the AA are assigned to the DCH extension. Did that...

Next is to assign the DCH extension as the principle user of said lines. It prompts you for the line number, I type in "801". Then it prompts you for the extension number to be the principle user, but it just beeps at me (error beep) when I dial 3408 and press enter.

I have a clue, but I'm not sure what it means:

When I assigned the lines to 3408, instead of showing up as lines, they show up as pools. I assumed that was because an MFM is technically a single line device? So:

Button 1 is SysAcc Ring -I
Button 2 is SysAcc Voice -I
Button 3 is SysAcc-00 Ring -I
Button 4 is Pool 891 -I
Button 5 is Pool 892 -I

I would think buttons 4 through 6 should be 801, 802 & 805...but I'm not sure.

Instructions say to set immediate ring on consoles and DCH extension.

I can't find it right now, but there was something somewhere about the number of rings at the DCH extension before going to coverage.

OP Offline
I appreciate the input, but I think you guys are both trying to tell me how to make a call to a specific extension go to VM (Call answering service). I'm trying to set up an AA to answer calls after 4 rings if none of the 5 DLC operators gets to it first.

The mail box for the AA is 3301 (AA #1) with a COS of 15. If 3408 (the DCH extension) isn't answered in 4 rings, it should transfer to mailbox 3301. From there, calls can be handled by menu, extension number or directory search. I think I've got the concept down pat, but I just can't figure out why the system isn't allowing me to assign 3408 as the principle user of 801, 802 & 805.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You can't assign a principal user of a line if the line isn't assigned to the extension first. And if the lines are in pools, you can't assign them to an extension that isn't an Operator position, just a pool button to represent them all.

Here's what you want to do:

Pick an unused calling group, with no members, such as 791 (791 is the last default 3 digit calling group). Assign the POOLS to this group. Go to Overflow for this group, send it to your Voicemail Calling Group, setting the Number Based Overflow to 99 and the Time Based Overflow to about 20 seconds. In the Merlin Mail, create a new mailbox, in this case 791, and give it a COS of 15 to steer it to the auto attendant.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
Pick an unused calling group, with no members, such as 791 (791 is the last default 3 digit calling group). Assign the POOLS to this group. Go to Overflow for this group, send it to your Voicemail Calling Group, setting the Number Based Overflow to 99 and the Time Based Overflow to about 20 seconds. In the Merlin Mail, create a new mailbox, in this case 791, and give it a COS of 15 to steer it to the auto attendant.

UGH!

Why doesn't their manual just say that!?

Honestly, I had to read through that a couple of times before it clicked, but it makes perfect sense...much more straight forward than the process they described. I'm going to go back in tomorrow and give this a whirl.

Thanks so much for the input everyone, and thank you Tommy for having the answer to the problem.

Have a great weekend!
Pulse Dial Dylan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024