Hello,
I'm in the middle of a pretty complicated shell game at the moment. This story involves our main office PBX, warehouse pbx, a new disaster recovery site and a closed foreign office.

Our operations are being moved from a separate warehouse to the warehouse expansion of our main office building. All of the users on the warehouse PBX have already been programmed to the main office PBX. The warehouse PBX is being moved to a newly built disaster recovery site and a PBX from our closed UK office is being placed in the old warehouse to temporarily support paging and a single fax machine.

I swapped out the warehouse and UK PBXs on Friday. The main office PBX reboots each Saturday. After the reboot, the Remote Server IP address was reprogrammed to the local server (former UK PBX placed in the old warehouse). I've never heard of this before. I can see no programming to force such a thing. DHCP is not enabled on the former UK PBX. DHCP is active on the phones. There are no scripts in the DHCP server to change the Remote Server IP address.

Reprogramming the Remote Server IP failed as long as the UK PBX was online. I unplugged the PBX from the network and reprogrammed all of the phones. I then plugged the UK PBX back into the network. The phones worked fine. So, I'm safe until the main office PBX reboots on Saturday.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is there a solution available?