Originally Posted by newtecky
That isn't really the case. The open forum is specifically for end user support. When asking for higher level administrative support, a moderator will suggest that you contact an authorized Toshiba dealer to help you out.

I am not a moderator, but I think that you could save time if you had a good relationship with a local dealer to get you setup properly. If you are not happy with your dealers response, then there may be other dealerships.

There may be some members that will offer some admin help outside the open forum, ie private message.

I regards to your Stratgy software issue, different IPV8 versions use different baud rate to connect, and even the Com port is different. You should be plugged into the top serial port. I am making an assumption that you have an IVP8 voicemail system.

I see. Ok, well, I guess I'll keep asking questions and hope for the best smile

It is ivpr8-r1, yes. The guy who set it up told me to plug in to COM1, which is the bottom port. I just moved the cable to COM2, the top port. I am now connected. More proof that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The place I am dealing with has been great in the past. My understanding is that the owner is on vacation and he's the one that knows how to do all of this so I'm stuck dealing with someone that doesn't. I am not happy about this situation. Not happy at all.