I had a bit of a preview of the new Vertical system...the Summit. Based on what I heard and the phones I got to handle, this could very well be a very good system for up to 50 users or more with UC and BYOD options. I liked what I heard.

This system is based on the new IPECS eMG80 with their tweaks to make it work with older phones.

A lot of the capabilities we Vodavi guys used to have are back, better preset call forwarding both on the station, co and Did side. Still missing distinctive ring for a co or did. But that could be back by the end of the year.

Two basic cabinets, one with a PRI one without, no card PRI built into the cabinet. Price difference is the same as a PRI card. Voice mail built in and is expandable to 8 ports 16 hours with a license along with the one type expansion cabinet. A really strong ACD (not UCD) for a system this size.

HTML5 web based admin, no software required. Will work on Chrome or Explorer and the latest version of Windows.

True Unified Communications and I think it will have centralized voice mail as well. Sip extensions. Android and Apple Mobile extension app with full call control. Web phone, Ip nomad phones, soft phones. Multiple Dect extensions, up to 48, in addition to the present 48 digital terminals. Stronger AA and CCR capabilities.

The new 30 button backlit set has built in Bluetooth. Standard headset jack now a 4 pin jack on the bottom of the set, no 2.5mm jack.

It may not be an XTS but it sure plugs the hole between the SBX and MBX and gives features we have not had since the XTS and it borrows some good things from the Wave.

Comes out in July with first upgrade at the end of the year.

If you get a chance to make it to one of the road shows you should go.

Just a note...next release of the SBX will use the Vertical Edge 700 phones and add some call forwarding features along with other things. I don't think the Bluetooth option will be available. Another note, 30 percent of the SBX sales are under 10 phones with no voice mail. This system is sticking around if for no other reason than to fill that niche.

Last edited by Derrick; 05/01/14 10:21 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.