Hi there,
I have a strange InMail issue on new SL1100 we've installed (maybe some SV8100 guys have seen it as well).

2 Port InMail, copper CO's, TDM sets. I've run the side-tone adjustment on the COs already. I had an issue where I had 2-digit extensions from 21-35. According to the manual, you can't have user mailboxes from 10-35 as they're used for "Inmail resources".

Last visit I changed all extensions in 11-2 to be 3 digit, and changed the extension in each mailbox to reflect the new extension numbers.

Basically, the users are coming in to work in the morning and their mailbox is full of blank phantom messages with 2-3 seconds of silence. The caller ID just shows as "EXTERNAL CALLER". All legitimate messages do show the correct caller ID.

Do I need to run the InMail utility on the CF card and redo everything? Has anyone seen this before?

The COs are DIL'd to 300 (VM Pilot). Simple Call Routing Mailbox answers, only thing in the DIal Action Table is to allow dialing internal extensions. 0/Zero and Timeout go to a single extension.

Haven't seen something like this before with InMAil... Any ideas?