-Hal [/quote]

I would bet on it. Also, I've written extensively about system grounding and it should not be connected to the building structure. In many cases that would be the cause of the problem you encountered. The system and any surge protectors should be connected to the same electrical ground that the system line cord is connected to, preferably right at the receptacle.

-Hal [/quote]

Ok, more input.

I was on site today cleaning up the wiring and installing some different protection.

Here is what I have since found out.

The Line 2 that I perceived was dead from the Comcast Modem was in fact shorted at the Surgegate M9COM ports that were to be protecting the Lines before the KSU. This was determined by Comcast and the Tech just jumped into and out of a different port on the SurgeGate.

The #6 cable that I assumed went to building ground in fact just went to the KSU chassie ground point. The KSU is then grounded thru electrical ground as it passes thru a APC UPS plugged into Backup Power and Surge protection.

I reconfigured the wiring from the Comcast modem on the 66 Block so that I could install some ITW UP3P-235 connected to a ground bar and connected to the #6 Copper which I bonded to electrical ground.

Hope that makes sense. I think I got it as it should be.

What I still find amazing is that this spike or surge got thru the Comcast Modem with no damage, then blew out only the line 2 protector on the SurgeGate, then had to pass thru the KSU and blow out Extension port protection on the Surgegate MLLT1 2 port protector.
All the while "APARENTLY" not damaging the KSU or any of the extension phones.

BOGGLES the mind.

I am on to other windmills now. Ya'll have a good weekend.

Les