Several months back our receptionist recorded a special "out of office" greeting on the auto attendant, since we were all attending a funeral.

Since then, the "funeral" greeting has haunted our system. I can't seem to find and get rid of this greeting and it seems to occassionally pop up when people reach the auto attendant.

We're on a 5.346 InterTel system using DBStudio. When I look under Voice Processor - Devices - Applications... I see a list of extensions with descriptions. The one labeled "Day Greeting" falls under extension 2503. When I dial 2503 from my phone I hear the proper greeting, followed by what seems to be a similar greeting. Don't know why. The type is "call routing announcement". When I listen to the Audiotex recording listed there, the recording doesn't repeat. If I remove the day and night greetings associated with that extension... I still get a recording, but this time without the duplicate. Freaky...

Similarly, in the same list (Voice Processor - Devices - Applications) I see an extension labeled "Voice Mail". When I listen to the greeting on that extension (2500) I hear the normal greeting followed by the dreaded funeral recording. If I remove all greetings I still get the funeral greeting.

What the heck is going on?