The battery holder was laced with a coat a glue to seal the soldered contacts before it would of been place back into its original position on the same glue, which all of it did not completely before I tested the finished product. The battery cell seen under the holder during the glue process is the old/original used to prop the holder to hold it as much horizontally as possible for the glue not to ooze over to one side, once dried the extra blobs of glue were cut off and trimmed with ease using a razor only leaving the bottom of the holder with glue. Then the idea was just to set the holder on the same type of glue back onto the board, but I guess the contacts were not covered well in glue and thus when being set on board I am thinking possibly made a short of some sort.
I would say that at most I spent on this whole thing about 3 hours in total from the very first screw when being taken apart, when it was taken apart I also cleaned the plastics removing lots of gunk. The test leads could used a better clips as the current ones have the rubber grips sliced in half and missing exposing the bare metal completely once the leftovers from the boot slide down to cord. I've seen someone used the heat shrink tubes to cover up the clips, as one would get a nice tickling jolt from the 66 block with sweaty/damp hands and exposed clips, not to mention shorting out.
I just believed that this thing could have another shot at life and be a backup or serve to someone else.
I just recently got a Fluke TS44 Pro mainly due to an attractive sale price and was thinking to replace the Harris version of it (which works just fine) that I got about 2 years ago. One thing is that Harris set has a little bit different layout of the dial pad and has a 3.5 mil jack for the headphones in the battery compartment, the 9v battery also drains fairly fast in my opinion. I do not use the butt sets very often, so the unit spends lots of time on the sidelines.