If your tester can read the patterns, then, yes, you should be able to see the data.

I had several PRI circuits that would do weird things like you are describing. The circuits originated in Verizon territory and terminated in Windstream territory. It was a nightmare to deal with as Verizon looked good and, at the terminating Co for Windstream, the circuit looked good. After I brought my Fireberd to the meet, it was discovered that, somewhere in Windstream's circuits, the circuit went from B8ZS to AMI and then back again. How did it work at all? Go figure. It took several months and a LOT of vendor meets to finally nail the problems down. I have to congratulate the Verizon tech in the Bala Cynwyd special Circuits group that worked on the trouble ticket all the way through and did identify the Windstream problem.

Don't give up. In my case, Windstream kept sending techs with multimeters to test the circuit. It wasn't until I put a Fireberd on the circuit and proved to Windstream's foreman the problem was in the circuit not my equipment.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet