Good morning all! I am having a strange issue which I cannot really figure out. The other day, I was trying to get an extension hooked up in another location and long story short I evidently unplugged a wrong cable and plugged it into a different port on my OfficeServ 7400 -- Now I was out yesterday and received a help desk ticket for someone's phone not working. So I traced it back from the end user's port and sure enough found the cable that I had plugged into the wrong location and plugged it back into the correct one.

Now his phone will ring if I call it from my cell phone and dial his extension but when he picks up, the phone still rings on my end. Also, when he goes off hook he gets no dial tone. But like I said, his phone rings when I dial his extension. A real head scratcher for me.

The end user is using a VTec CS6619 -- Everything was working perfectly fine until the other day when I accidentally connected it into a different port. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting all of the cables back to the OfficeServ unit and resetting the power on his phone. No help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
-Dennis