It's a dog for Verizon. Two months revenue and the bean counters won't allow money to be spent on a copper facility that has worked for years the way it is.

I had to sit in a meeting, recently, with a Verizon tech, his supervisor and a representative of the PUC. The company, which is our client, moved in the building in November 2015 and had terrible copper service until the meeting in November 2016. FiOS is 1/2 mile down the road and a 1/4 mile up the road is an underground vault with 24 T3 circuits with equipment to provide POTS service. Verizon would NOT budge. Their position is that there was not sufficient revenue to warrant putting in new service to this building. The client, before moving to this new building, was a Verizon customer for 30 years. 10 POTS lines and data.

I suggested we would run either the cable or fiber to the location and Verizon could connect there. No, that won't work because Verizon is responsible for any cable on their poles. I suggested underground. Same response, Verizon would be responsible for the underground since it was feeding their customer.

After a month of nasty email, snail mail and heated phone conversations, a state legislator got involved. The customer now has FiOS service provided by Verizon on their fiber. They just finished it today.

The point is, we ALL know Verizon is responsible to provide a Demarcation point. Getting them to actually do it may take a nudge from someone in government.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet