Good Labor Day to all. I have a SX200 superswitch with a problem. The unit at the moment has 2 trunks for now, no internal dial tone throughout the system except the test line, the scanner card goes to 45 on boot and I have a major and minor alarm at the console along with an error 22. There is no data base in this unit, that somehow got wiped, no configuration sheets, so I am starting from scratch.

This is a 217-11 system. I went through the books and found my exact scenario and it said to change the tone card which I found on eBay.

What I could really use is some understanding of the need for passwords, what the switches on the scanner card do and if I need to change them to program from the console. Right now they are at 8888. I believe I need to set them to 7771.

I am no sloutch when it comes to these old guys, but I do need the guidance to get me moving in a forward direction. I believe I should do a master reset to clear all memory as I believe it is cleared now or is corrupted. What is the procedure for that?

I probably don’t need a password as I would not have it anyway if it did. Is there a default?

I know I need to set a dialing plan up. Does anyone have a dialing plan that I can at least follow and make changes to meet my specs. Basically if I had a set of sheets, I would know just what I need to program up.

I know I need the dialing plan:
Cos
Trk Grp
Tie equipment numbers to extension numbers specified in dialing plan
The line coming in are loop start, not sure why, but they are. I know about the switches on the trek cards and will be sure they match.
My main concern is why no ext dial tone. Does it need to be programmed to get dial tone at stations? Seems strange if I do.

I have one station that is in constant ring mode.

Heh, any guidance will help big time. I know this may be time consuming, but the guy just can’t swing a newer system. I consider this one fun and an accomplishment if I can get it running. The guy wants just basic stuff, dial 9 out, calls coming in, dial 0 and 911, rm to rm calls. That’s it. No fancy stuff although I am going to attempt room status for him.

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad