No disrespect Carl, but you make it sound like I am some kind of moron that just fell off a turnip truck which is not the case. I am a 40 year retiree of what is now Frontier Telephone and certified on Lucent 5ESS and have been in the business over 50 years. I deal mainly with Panasonic, so I am not a numb skull by any means. I am helping a friend out. I am asking simple questions that anyone would know who has worked on these and seems well within reason to ask. The reason I am in here is to find a Mitel guy to HELP me, not condemn me for trying to learn a very old system that is 40+ years old. I don't need anyone to come out, I have made great progress. I am not totally familiar with this unit. The owner cannot afford a new system, so I am giving it a go to fix it up and make it work. The Mitel guy that I was able to find locally did help me out to a point that it does boot. Because I do not deal with these a lot, and have only dealt with SX-10 and SX-20, My head still has a few cob webs in it.
I think I have progressed fairly well from knowing nothing much about this unit to what I have learned over the pass couple weeks. I don't want someone to do it for me, I am capable of following advice given that means something. Programming forms are right on the web in book 3. I have the 5 books needed. I am trying to put something basic back on line from scratch. I don't have the time to read every little thing. Some terms are different and I needed some clarification. I don't think that's alot to ask.

Yes the lines are loop start, but there is no additional cost for ground start and is certainly available at Verizon in Newark, NY. There is no issue with glare much anymore since digital came into the LEC world. certainly I would prefer ground start once they have more lines, but not a problem with only 2.

Since I have no database and no original paperwork to fall back on, and prior experience on this particular model, I am pretty sure there is no programming or what is in there is corrupt. I have done a RAM reset of the system. Batteries are no good. Replacing them tomorrow.

I don't know if your duct tape remark is towards me, but its not very nice.

I also don't think I broke any forum rules. Alot of my post is just a recap of what I believed was correct and was just looking for guidance that I understood it properly.

Someone is helping me understand the simple things that are questions in my mind direct to my email.

The only dumb question is the one you don’t ask as that is the question that can make or break you. Brad