I see what you are saying now. I can probably figure out how to make that work. We have one location that has over 100 extensions, but the others are less. We're about to add a new building and throw 20 new phones in there with most of them having direct lines.
I knew my way of thinking, there would be a lot of unused numbers. I guess I was mainly tired of listening to gripes and complaints about numbering internal extensions and mapping those to a corresponding number that ends with the same as the extension. It's more of a people problem than technical problem!

The only technical issue was if there was away if they were to dial a 3 digit extension, for it to map the new 4 digit extension; at least until everyone was use to the 4 digit extensions.

I do like the routing modes, etc being on a completely separate range. Currently all our Service Codes are in the 600, 700 and 800 block, with Trunks being in 900 block. It's just that the block of direct dials from Telco map to our 200-299 block. The new block will be in the 700-799 range which overlaps with our current Service Codes. I was just looking for a longer term strategy to where I don't have to deal with the issue again....at least while I'm there!

Thanks for the guidance.

-JA-