Thanks for the replies guys.

Originally Posted by Daniel
If it is the only one on the system does it work?

Part of the reason to default the system twice was to initialize the system on only one antenna each in that problem
location and see if I could register the handsets with it and I could not. As soon as I moved either antenna to the other spot(which is also a bar island in the front part of the restaurant) I could then register. I do seem to think that I have tried it by itself and then it would never work, even though the light is steady green and port shows CS in software.

Is it possible that there is something in the area that is killing the dect signal (i.e. lots of metal, any thing that is broadcasting like wireless microphones, microwaves that are in use. Wifi access points that are nearby.)

There are a couple of Point of Sale machines nearby, and I believe they may be wireless capable. I did do a wifi signal check with my phone and could see a really strong signal from an AT&T system of some sort, but don't know where it is coming from.

Do they both work if you move the second antenna to a completely different location in the building?

I did try moving it back where the phone system is installed but same issues, intermittent.