as to paging amp and talk back. no, it's an announce only thing, and so far, all they can show me is a wire coming out of the wall that says "intercom" above it. it HAD a microphone attached to it, and where the bundle of electrical taped wires comes out there's also a standard XLR mic connection... but where is the other end? no idea. there is something that LOOKS like it should be the paging amp in the next room, but when asked, everybody said "oh, that doesn't do anything" even though it looks to be tied into the fire alarm.

I said this stuff is old, right? I should have taken a picture of their phone room (or several... it deserves several.... ) I'll take pics of the whole fiasco the next time I go over there.... they belong in the category of "how not to do things"... it might have made sense, 30 years ago, but now it's just a rats nest.... ugh. I'm gonna have to get a display phone and go over there and see just what it thinks it's doing. 8 peku cards... that's 64 extensions, and yet in the "main office" there are only 2 working phones (for 6 desks)... there's 3 CO line cards, possibly 12 lines...... but nobody knows what more than 4 of them do. I could spend days in there.

anyway. there are open slots, I can install a pious (if I can figure out where I left it) but there are also 8 peku, and they can't tell me where more than maybe 20 of the phones are. I'm tempted to just make it worse and start unplugging things just to see who complains. oh, and all the interior walls are concrete block, just to make it that much more fun.