I have a magix customer that I have set up remote forwarding of one of the digital stations to an employees' house for ease of remotely transferring calls to them. We couldn't do the centrex forwarding option *33*_______# because they do not have that centrex feature on the telco lines. So we are doing it as a regular transfer #33_____#. This creates an unsupervised bridge on the incoming call and the outbound transferred line. After this call is complete and either or both parties disconnect the 2 lines stay connected. We have to manually disconnect them on the phone system. I have done this successfully several times on other carriers so I am convinced that telco (CenturyLink) is not providing the proper disconnect signalling but they claim that "everything looks good on their end. Are there any options within the Magix that I can control this blind conference bridge and disconnect these lines?

I am new to this forum but I have been in the industry since 02/1997. Mainly Avaya, Mitel, Panasonic, and NEC. Glad to be here!